Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the status of my tax return?
A: Tax returns are completed in the order in which they were received. If we have contacted you with a question regarding your tax papers please return our call promptly so that we may continue working on your return. If we have not contacted you with any questions or to tell you that your taxes are completed, and we received your papers before the March 11 deadline with all the necessary information, please know that they will be completed by April 15 and we will contact you when they are completed.

Q: What is E-filing? And how much does it cost?
A: E-filing is an electronic way to file your federal and state taxes. If you are receiving a refund it will be sent to your bank account at a much quicker rate than if it were sent by mail. Your E-filed tax return can be completed for an additional $20 fee.

Q: When is my money going to be deposited into my account?
A: After your tax return has been electronically filed it takes approximately 3 weeks or less. For the government’s e-filing deposit schedule please use the following phone numbers…
Federal - (800) 829-4477
State - (800) 352-4090

Q: What are your office hours?
A: Monday - Wednesday 9-8pm
Thursday 9-6pm
Friday - 9-5pm
Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED

Q: Do I need to call before picking up my taxes?
A. No, please feel free pick up your taxes any time during office hours.

Q: Do I need an appointment to bring in my tax papers and/or booklet?
A: Unless you have specific questions for Mike regarding your tax situation you do not need an appointment. You may drop off your paperwork with the office staff any time during office hours.

Q: What are some reasons I would need to make an appointment with Michael?
A: If you are self employed, own real estate other than your home, are going through a divorce, or anything out of the ordinary, you may contact us to set up an appointment.

Q: Am I required to have my taxes completed by April 15th?
A: Unless you owe money with your tax return, you have up to 3 years to file your taxes without penalties.

Q: What do I need to do in order to file an extension?
A: If you have turned in your paper work after March 11 to our office, we will automatically file the extension for you. If you are not yet organized and need more time you may file for a 4 month extension. However, be aware that an extension does not grant you any extension of time to pay your liability. If you feel you will owe money to the State or Federal government you can reduce your penalties by sending a payment with your filed extension.

Q: Where is your office located?
A: Sauer’s Accounting and Tax Services is an in home office located on Hardy between University and 13th St. The address is 1022 S Hardy Drive Tempe, AZ 85281. Parking is available directly across Hardy Dr. on 11th St. DO NOT PARK ON HARDY DR.

Q: How can I get a hold of Michael?
A: If you have a specific question our website and/or office staff cannot answer please leave a voice mail message at 480-966-8791.

Q: What is your fax number?
A: Feel free to fax us at 480-966-6941.

Q: Do I need to bring in all of my receipts?
A: You need to keep your receipts, but please do not bring them all in. Total your receipts and put the amount in the appropriate boxes in the provided booklet. For example medical expenses and donation totals can be placed within the booklet.

Q: How do I use the booklet?
A: Please read the booklet in it’s entirety. It will explain how to put your tax information together. If you are still having problems please call for an appointment with Michael.

Q. I didn't recieve a tax organization booklet, how may I get one?
A. If you did not receive a tax organization booklet you can request one through our "Helpful Hints" page.

Q. What information do I need to provide to have my tax returns processed?
A. Please bring all copies of your W-2 and 1099 forms. Also, provide any mortgage interest, bank account interest, IRA information, sale of stock information (dates purchased & sold, prices purchases & sold), cash and non-cash donation totals, medical expenses and tax credits. Please remember this is just a guideline. For more information on what you specifically need, please refer to your tax organization booklet or contact us.

Q: What should I do if I am unable to pay my tax amount due by the IRS or ADOR?
A: You may qualify for a payment plan, however interest and penalties may be assessed on the unpaid tax. Please request the required forms from Michael.

Q: What is an Enrolled Agent?
A: An Enrolled Agent specializes in tax, and is licensed by the U. S. Department of Treasury to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. An Enrolled Agent, through continuing tax education, has up to date knowledge on the constantly changing field of tax law which enables them to better represent you as a taxpayer.

© Sauer's Accounting & Tax Service, L.L.C. | Site Designed by Dove's Design